Well, we had our six week checkup yesterday. I am all healed up nicely which is good news. Now I can start training for my triathlon again. Swimming may be an issue now as I don't have daily access to a pool as I did when I was working but I'll figure something out. Connor is doing great to. He has grown 2.35 inches and is now 23.6 inches long which puts him in the 95% for his age. He has gained his 1 ounce a day and ways 11 lbs 7 oz.
Connor gave me 7 hours between feedings last night which was wonderful. But mostly his longest stretch is 5 1/2 hours - still very nice for 6 weeks. He has been having some fits lately at feedings but we just have to work together to figure things out. I have to be smart enough to figure out that he eats like a Markert and Earle - FAST. Once I figured out that he only needs about 5-8 minutes to eat the main course and 5 to eat dessert - the fits reduced significantly.

On Sunday we headed out west of Longview to Sandy McNabb day area to hang out with my family. With the media blowing the swine flu way out of proportion mom and dad needed to get away from the farm and hang out with the family. We had our first wiener/smokie/hamburger roast of the season.

My dad spending quality time with his "little pig". Or so he says. Connor makes little pig noises when he sleeps. It is pretty cute.

Owen had to give Connor kisses on his nose. Connor was wearing a Winnie the Pooh had and so Owen had to kiss Pooh's nose too.

This past Saturday was absolutely gorgeous so we spent all day on the deck. I was a bad mom and burnt one side of my son's face before I put him in the shade. Sadie has been a gem with Connor. As you can see here she is watching over him.

I know this is blurry but I had to show off his smile!

He wants to tell every one that he is going to be a farmer one day!


He loves his bath time now. It is part of his nightly routine.

My birthday was on Tuesday and we were alone for the day as Tim was busy in the field. It always rains on my birthday and Tuesday the sky let a few drops out. It was cool out so I bundled Connor up and we tried the stroller out on the road for the first time.
1 comment:
He is soooo cute!! And a Belated Happy Birthday to you Karen!
Post a Comment