Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fall round up

The other night we headed out to a pasture out west to bring the cattle home. The first thing Connor found was a rock pile. "Rock, rock..." as he ran to play in the pile.

Tim, Greg and Connor bring the cattle in. It was so beautiful along the river.

Connor absolutely loves quad rides. He can say it pretty good. He was quite happy to be left on a quad while the guys sorted the cattle.


I luv this picture. Connor figured out that he could hang on the fence and get a better view.




Connor loved sitting on the post watch Greg & Tim load the cattle in the liner. He would give them high five as they ran down the ramp and smile like nothing made him happier. We put the bull in the stock trailer rather than the liner and we dropped it off at home while Greg took the cows to another piece. Connor watched the bull get out and very clearly said bull for the first time. The next morning we were getting the quads out of the trailer and Connor was looking all around for the bull, even lifting his hands up as to ask where it is? I had to show him were it was and that he was having breakfast. Still a few days later if we need to distract him somehow we ask were the bull is and he completely forgets why he is crying.

We went out to play in the leaves the other day. I wanted a few pictures while the leaves were still crisp. After yesterdays wind we have been left with many bare trees. A reminder that winter is coming but oh well lots to look forward to during winter to!!

Connor really needs his hair cut but he still is super cute. I couldn't get him to smile very much - to intent on playing.




Well our bug is now 18 months old and trying to copy most everything we say. Some of his words lately are: Sadie, bull, rock, beet, bone, kiss, scew (screw), phant (elephant), apple, nuts, mits, boots, socks, shoes, chip, cheese. I know there are many more but can't think about them when the weather is so nice outside 25 degrees. In the last 2 weeks he has transitioned to an afternoon nap and now finally doing a 2 - 21/2 hr stretch. Very nice for me to get work done. I got my garden all cleaned up today just need to rototill it. I always think I am cutting back on what I plant but every fall I am amazed at how much I have to try and store.

2 comments:

Beck's Bulletin said...

What great pictures of your little farmer! So fun to see how close he is in his growth and development to Lexi who is also trying to get rid of a nap! :-) Love the pictures of him in the leaves.....

landomartz said...

Connor is such a cutie!! I love this blog, the pics on the quad and fence are so cute!
M