Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Thursday, July 27, 2006

To bad there weren"t more people like her!!

Yesterday at the bank, I was filling in on cash. (That is I was a teller) A lady came in and she seemed in a hurry. In one breath she said that she left her purse in the bathroom of a local cafe and when she went back to get it, it was gone. She wanted me to replace her bank card. Well according to bank policy, if we don't know the individual we need to collect 2 pieces of id before we issue a new card. However, she didn't have any since she lost her wallet. So I started asking some questions like when is her birthday, where does she live.... those sorts of things that we could access from her profile on the computer. Then we contacted her home branch and got them to fax a signature card to us. It is a whole long process, but we have to do it. Throughout this process I found out that she was about an hour away from Olds when she realized she lost her purse. So finally I was able to issue the new card for her. The look on her face said thank you a million times over. Then she left the bank. Well I went back to my office, but heard to door open. I went back out front to see who it was and the lady was putting something at my wicket and said thank you agian and left. I went over to see what she put there, thinking it might be a pen or something she had borrowed. At my wicket I find a piece of paper with the words "thank you" on it and underneath a $20 bill. I was blown away; I was just doing my job.Her simple gesture just erased all the bad customers I dealt with earlier that day. To bad there weren't more people out there that were so appreciative of the service they are given. It made me stop to think how I treat people when they serve me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»