
I love sunflowers, and this year we have had the weather cooperate so that we can enjoy the colors into September. Well I have done it!! I had started this year out with a few goals in mind. One was to run in the Vulcan Tinman Triathlon in June. It consisted of swimming 20 lengths (500m), biking 15 km, and running 5 km. I finished this one in the top third of the women running so I was pleased with it. It was a lot of fun training for it and actually doing it. I look forward to doing it again next year - hopefully, getting better times. My other goal was to run in the Terry Fox Run. Well that one just happened on Sunday. I woke up that morning and it was miserably cold and windy. I didn`t really want to run in that weather and on top of it I was just feeling a bit better from having the flu. But then I thought to myself about the reason why I was running; and it wasn`t for myself but for cancer research. People with cancer go through a lot worse situations than that; so I sucked it up and went for the run. By the time the run started the clouds broke and the sunshine came out. During the run I felt a sort of peace that I have never felt before running and I enjoyed my 10 km run immensely. It didn`t feel like I just ran 10 km at all; which made me set new goals for next year. I plan on doing the triathlon again but I want to challenge myself to run a half marathon too!! We`ll see - but I find having goals to achieve gives me motivation.
2 comments:
Way to go Karen! And beautiful sunflowers!
You inspire me Karen!
Post a Comment