Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, September 01, 2006

Another step done

This is how the basement looks now. Tim has figured out a way to heat the house using the in-floor heating in the basement and a wood stove upstairs. Tim and I have laid the wire mesh on the floor now, so it is ready for the concrete. Hopefully the floor will be poured middle of next week sometime.
This is the garage before we pushed it full of dirt. The past few days Tim and I have been putting the vapor barrier(that`s the stuff with the orange things all over it) on around the house so that the water doesn`t get in the basement.
Tim is moving some dirt around. It is really nice to get some of the piles of dirt gone. We had to make a ramp into the garage so that he could back fill it. The actual yard seems soooo much bigger now that the dirt piles are vanishing.
Well the shingles are on. Thank goodness. Now when it rains, the water won`t get into the house. During some of the downpours this summer, we had a nice little kiddy pool in the kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

So fun watching the progress on your house Karen!! Will be so fun to visit you when it's all done!

Heather and I canned peaches yesterday and I thought of you!;-) Mmmm good!