Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, January 05, 2007

We are in!!

This is my hutch. Our cabinet makers did a beautiful job. I have always wanted a nice place to put my pottery and good dishes so here it is covered in dust. The dust was a constant battle but now that there is more done in the house it isn`t so bad.
We are grateful for family once again. Tim`s Uncle Pete came to get us started laying the hard wood. Here they are getting the straight line started.
Needless to say, Tim gets a very sore back by the end of the day!
This is the non functioning kitchen. I love the huge island! We are both so pleased with the cabinets.
We are just about ready to leave to mom and dad`s for Christmas when I took this one. Those boxes in the back never seem to disappear. Even when we clean them up, more seem to grow overnight.
The hallway that is finished. There are still no baseboards on yet. That is next weeks project.
The fridge! I had to take a picture of it because it has quiet a story. We thought that we would be in the house sooner than we did, so we ordered our appliances the middle of September. They said it would take two weeks to get it. Well we didn`t really need them yet so I forgot to follow up in October. November came and I figured I should check on things cuz I hadn`t heard anything for a while. He said that the fridge would be in on December 13. Well we went to pick up the appliances and there was no fridge yet and it wouldn`t be in till the start of Jan. So they gave us a loaner and today Tim is coming to pick up the fridge we ordered in September. They said it came from Vancouver - I guess people in BC must have taken an early Christmas!!
Our 600 lbs wood stove is in, but not yet functioning. We need to get the chimney hooked up.
We moved in on December 18. There is still lots to do - finish the hardwood in one bedroom & bonus room, put the baseboard on, hang some more windows, and put the backsplash on. It`ll get done, we are just glad not to be homeless anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy are we impressed. Really looks good.

Steve and Nancy