Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Screaming, laughing and crying!

This past weekend I enjoyed no cleaning, cooking or doing dishes at our churches annual ladies retreat. It was at our churches camp 5 minutes down the road from us. When there are just ladies around funny things can happen! Myself and several other ladies made a mess in the basement scrap booking. I finally got my Chilkoot trail trip of 2005 finished. We had a good speaker helping us find the women that God wants us to be. The weather was beautiful on Saturday so we all took advantage of that. Then Saturday night we played human size dutch blitz in the gym. It was very humorous watching the older women try and play a game they didn`t quite understand. I was the runner for our team (running each card to the center of the gym and back to our pile again and again) I was stiff for two days after this cuz I forgot to stretch. I felt sorry for the new people in the group cuz most of us knew each other well so we were all screaming at each other when we cheated or another team blitzed too often. It was all in fun but I am sure it was a bit overwhelming. Throughout the weekend we laughed so hard we ended up crying. Overall, a great weekend and I am anxious to work on becoming the woman God wants me to be.

2 comments:

Megan said...

that sounds like quite the fun retreat.
Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your new home!!!

Beck's Bulletin said...

Human size Dutch Blitz now that sounds really interesting! If you are ever looking for a Retreat Speaker I love retreats! :-) Choosing joy! I think this is the first spring in a very long time that I haven't got a retreat on the schedule....God new ahead of time what my schedule would be!