Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Thursday, September 20, 2007

whirlwind weekend

I know it is almost the weekend again, but I have been a bit busy to post so here it is from last weekend. Ruth had her birthday last Wednesday. Since Greg and Laura came up we had a wiener roast in the dirt for her birthday supper. Tim has been wanting a wiener roast at our place for months and he had to miss it cuz 1 guy had to run the combine. It was lots fun, but you sure can tell that it is fall out; as soon as the sun goes down it is freezing. Damon and Jesse are enjoying their chocolate cake!!



Lane and Jesse have been experts this summer at performing on their bikes. They have had several shows in the shop that were available if you had a homemade ticket. They got up early Saturday morning so they could put a show on for Greg and Laura.


They have a course all set up and the viewing area even blocked off. It is quiet entertaining. Granny almost had a heart attack every time they took their bikes over the jump!!
I forgot to take a picture of our accomplishment; but after the L & J show Laura and I participated in an applesauce marathon. She took lots of jars home and I am still drying mine into fruit leather. It was a lot of fun to spend the afternoon with her.
Sunday morning I participated in the Terry Fox Run. It was out in Water Valley and we had 76 participants come out and our small community raised about $8500. I was the only runner that I saw, most families came out and walked together. While I was running I was watching my watch to keep track of my time.... but I was kinda upset cuz my time was really slow. The organizer caught up with me after and said I had made good time, but I told her I was a little disappointed. She said that it was actually over 10 km because of the turn around spots for kids on their bikes. So she went and checked her truck odometer (cuz she just got back from setting markers up) and she said it was actually 13 km. My time was really good when I ran 13 km!!!

After church a bunch of us decided to head out west to enjoy one of the last summer days. We ended up on the Red Deer River. The guys all decided to cool off by jumping into the river. Tim was really funny... he jumped in and came up waited a little and then yelp that is was freezing!

There were a bunch of river kayaks that came through. This drop here is actually the most dangerous to raft through in Alberta during high water. I always thought river kayaking would be fun. But after watching them I am not so sure. It looked fun enough but when all of a sudden they flip over.... I don`t know.

That`s the gang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to turn the Brightness down on my screen with all those white bellies showing.:)

Steve