Well, the whole family came up to our place for thanksgiving. It was kinda nice not to have to do the driving this time around. My dads brother, Gavin, came up as well. As soon as he came in he started checking things out and then had to get a tape measure to measure everything. He wants to build a log house and so he was getting an idea of what measurements he might need.
My parents have a neighbour that raises turkeys, so he brought them a fresh turkey over in exchange for a pig. Not really a fair deal but dad said it was ok cuz he had to smell pig manure all summer long!! So I cooked a 26 lbs turkey. I gave lots away and we are still eating turkey.
Since the fam was all together we took a bunch of family pictures. But my sister used her camera which is still film so I don`t have any to post.
This whole week I am constantly reminded of all the things to be thankful for. God has truly blessed us. I keep singing to myself; every blessing you pour out I`ll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will sing. Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your name. Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your glorious name. What a wonderful time of year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment