Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Winter is here

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but my life is pretty slow and mundane now that winter has arrived.

In the past I usually kick off the Christmas season by going into Calgary with the girls. This past Monday we did our annual inspection of the shoe boxes. We go into the Samaritans Purse warehouse where all the Christmas Child shoe boxes of Western Canada are sent. We sort through the boxes making sure that the things that shouldn`t be there are taken out. On Monday the boxes were going to Vietnam. Vietnam wouldn`t allow any printed material to do with the Bible in the boxes. Nor would they allow candy.

I have thoroughly enjoyed our mild fall this year. Usually I have to pack the winter coat out in October. I am proud to say that my first winter coat day was November 20.

The one good thing about the short winter days is that Tim can`t work outside till 7:30 or later. So we have actually eaten suppers by 6:30 lately. It is such a novelty. And to boot, he has gotten the back splash done behind the sink now. The kitchen looks soooooo much better now.

The next thing to get done before Dec 18 is the baseboard. The reason I say the 18 is that is the one year mark. I told Tim that I am not going to live in an unfinished house and that if we have a deadline than we will most likely get it done.

No comments: