Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, November 02, 2007

Karen the Cowgirl!

Well, this past week I have put on my cowgirl clothes. We sold our calves on Wednesday. I took pictures but forgot my camera in Tom`s truck so another picture less post will have to do. On Monday Tim and I got all the pens ready and brought the cows to the home section. We had beautiful weather. On Tuesday we woke up to snow on the ground but not much. We brought all the cattle in, sorted the calves off, and took them to High River to sell. I took the day off on Wednesday to watch the sale. We were a little worry we weren`t going to get a good price for the calves the way the sale was going but once our calves entered the ring the price jumped $0.10 a pound. The sale went well. I love having cattle on the farm but my two most favorite times of the year are when we take them out to pasture and when we take them to market. It isn`t the fact that we are getting rid of them that I like (though it seems like it), it is actually cuz we get to handle the cattle the most during those two times.

No comments: