Well I have just returned to work after a 4 week break. It was really tough to not get up put shorts on and pull my hair back. My holiday was splendid. For the first week Tim and I worked like dogs getting our yard done. The rush came on cuz my youngest brother Dave got married on our pasture on June 21. It is kinda cool but Dave is 5 years younger than me and got married 5 years later than me to the date. That`s right. Tim and I celebrated our 5th anniversary, celebrating a beginning of a new marriage. I wouldn`t have traded it for anything. Dave and Naomi looked great and were so in love you couldn`t help but love everything and everybody around you. I have pictures but I forgot the cd.
Our house was used as ground zero for all the hub-bub. So I used the wedding as a push to get the yard established. Due to costs some things will have to be put on hold till next year. But I am pleased with what we have got done so far. Again I will post pictures of that later too.
2 days after the wedding Tim and I headed to PEI for a wonderful vacation. Our plan a year ago was that we would try and get my family together for a vacation and cycle across pei tip to tip. Well Dave and Naomi got married a couple days before we left and are now in Africa on a missions trip. Pam and Bryant got pregnant and she was 8 months when we travelled. Then 2 hired hands quite on mom and dad so they couldn`t get away. So alas, my brother Brian and his wife joined Tim and I. Below is a bunch of pictures from the trip. It was hard to choose just some of the 300 I took to capture some of the memories. Tim and I were by ourselves for 3 days before we met up with Bri aand Shar.

One of the many lighthouses that we saw. This is at Wood Island were the ferry comes from Nova Scotia.

We couldn`t get over the red soil. The island of 135,000 is scattered with potato fields. The is just one and about the average size.

Lupins grow everywhere in the ditches here. It is absolutely beautiful.

We stayed at a B&B on a dairy farm that was only 5 min walk from Cavendish beach. Tim and I spend a while strolling along the red beach and enjoying the views of the red cliffs.

North Rustico is not far from Cavendish and a large fishing town. Lobster season was coming to an end so we watched them bring in their traps. We were able to go deep sea fishing one morning. At 8am the swells were about 12 ft high. So we enjoyed to rough waters. I don`t usually get motion sickness but when you combine the rough waters and two people on either side of us smoking I got a little queasy-but I kept her all down! I turned out to be a better fisher women than Tim. I caught 21 mackerel and he only got 12.

This is the home that LM Montgomery used for the setting of Anne of Green Gables. The movie was actually filmed in Toronto so the house isn`t the same. I was a little sad but still glad we went.

Another picture of us on the rocks of Cavendish beach. This shows how rough the water was. It was a lot rougher way out there.

The boys getting all the gear on the bikes. We started at North Cape (on the very north west tip of pei) It was gorgeous out there. Lots of wind turbines but luckily the wind wasn`t at full speed when we were there.

A picture of the four of us before we got all dirty and sweaty.

A farmer hilling his potatoes. Very fascinating for farmers to see other aspects of agriculture.
The confederation trail is the old railway system turned to a shale path. It officially starts in Tignish.

Our first day was straight rain. We were soaked head to toe. With the red soil being wet, my underwear even got dyed. Our bags supposedly had rain covers, but they forgot to tell us they wouldn`t work. I think we all scraped together one set of clothes that were dry. Our hotel rooms were peppered with wet clothes airing out. Thank goodness for Tim Hortons though. Our hotel was an old dumpy thing on the side of the road but really only thing around. Tims was another thing that was out in the middle of no where and thank goodness it was. Once the rain died down we spent the evening playing cards.

The view from the trail on day 3 was breathtaking.

This was what the trail looked like on a typical day.
Our 4th day took us along the coast for some time. This is mussel farming. The best mussels on the island are grown here in St. Peters Bay.

Our last day on the trail changed to lots of spruce trees. The trail was covered with a canopy. A nice cool ride to finish the trail. After our 1st day we were riding in 27-34 degrees with the humidex.

Here we are paying tribute to the confederation trail and it`s end in Elmira.

This here is the creativity of my brother. He wanted it to look like we were crashing over the finish line.

The confederation bridge is an absolute engineering piece of work. All the center beams holding it in place are actually floating. Who would have thought.
Our last day before we took off was spent on the `white` sands of PEI. Tim and Bri were having fun being kids. The ocean wasn`t exactly warm but we did swim in it for about 10 minutes.
The island is so beautiful. The bike trip was a ton of fun and not very strenuous. We biked 2 1/2 hours to 5 hours depending on the day. And enjoyed ice cream everyday without feeling guilty.
1 comment:
What beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting...I know I am way, way late in seeing them but our lives have just been so out of control!
Post a Comment