Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, November 02, 2009

Howdy

Just wanted to say hi to everybody. Connor can sit up quite well on his own now. He loves reading books and helps me turn pages. His smiles come very regularly and warm our hearts. He can give 5 - not very enthusiastically but none the less he gives 5. He has 4 new teeth coming in now and not super grumpy!!!
This past weekend we spent at my folks. Tim was helping my brother lay hardwood in their living room. While mom and I stretched my quilt. We taped the backing on the floor, then taped the batting on the floor and then worked all the wrinkles out of the quilt. Once everything was set we safety pinned it about every two inches. Mom has all the slickest quilting tools - she had a gizmo that made pinning it really easy, fast, and bloodless.

Just a couple close ups of the blocks.


What the quilt looks like without pins. I had a hard time figuring out what border I wanted but in the end I was really pleased with how it turned out. Mom is going to quilt it with her fancy machine. Tim always says there is something wrong with the machine cuz it never sews in a straight line. Although there are several blocks and corners that don't match up perfectly, I am pleased with it. It is was a lot harder to get the points matched than I thought it would be.
I thoroughly enjoyed doing this quilt and love having quilts around the house. Now that our 4 seasons of quilts for our bed have been made I think I will do a lap quilt for watching tv. After sewing this one I realized that my machine isn't really made for much more than the simple quilting so I am going to have to save for a better machine.





3 comments:

landomartz said...

That is so beautiful Karen!

Beck's Bulletin said...

What a beautiful quilt!! Well done...I am very impressed!

Unknown said...

Very impressive, Karen!