Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Well before our tree fell down this year Connor helped Tim put the star on the top. Connor loves the lights on the tree. And yes, Tim & I were watching a movie upstairs when the tree fell, breaking several ornaments. Needless to say we junked the plastic tree stand and splurged. We got a $60 tree stand. I can't believe it but it is steel so hopefully it'll work - so far so good.
I was doing books the other day. Connor is quite content to sit on his blanket and play with toys. He hasn't gotten the crawling thing going yet but he does love to roll around. He eventually worked his way under the chair. It brought a picture to mind of Connor helping Tim under a vehicle in the shop and brought tears to my eyes. Connors' story telling is expanding and we do get quiet an earful of sounds.





The other day I was cleaning out his dresser and put him in his crib. It took him about 15 minutes and he was pulling himself up. I don't know what to call this sound - a laugh? a grunt?. I don't know but it is very infectious. I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

Connor still loves to be outdoors. Saturday afternoon was beautiful so I strapped Connor in the snugly and strapped the skis on and went cross country skiing. I broke about a mile track before turning back. For the whole 2 miles it took me almost an hour. I should have had some snowshoes instead. There were time when I couldn't see my boots or skis!!

Sunday night Connor gave us an early Christmas present - he slept 12 hours. But the last few have only been 10 1/2 hours.

No comments: