Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chore Time!!


Connor helps Tim feed his calves every morning and is adament about carrying the buckets back to the barn. I couldn't resist getting it on video. I don't think you can hear it great but his little grunts make it perfect.

Karbear update:

Well I had my doctors appointment yesterday and the baby is BIG. I guess I am measuring quite a bit bigger than I should be - although I haven't gained the weight. The doctor really wanted me to get my gestational diabetes test done. Especially with my dads diabetic history. You have to drink a juice and sit in the lab for an hour and then get blood work done. Not easy to do with a very active 19 month old or when you just finished harvest last week. Thank you Ruth for taking Connor this morning so I could get it done.

I headed up to Didsbury this morning to do the test and they asked if I had been fasting. I got confused and they explained that the doctor requested a glucose tolerance test not the gestational diabetes test. About a month ago when I went for my doc apt my doc. was running way behind so I saw a different one and she ordered the wrong test. So I had to drive up to Olds and talk to the clinic and get everything straightened out. I don't know but having to do that completely made me have a break down. I had a good cry before I headed out to Olds. On the way home I was listening to the radio and Call on Jesus by Nicole C Mullen came on and brought tears to my eyes again. Some of the lyrics:

But when I call on Jesus, All things are possible, I can mount on wings like eagles and soar,When I call on Jesus,Mountains are gonna fall, Cause He'll move heaven and earth, To come rescue me when I call. Call him in the mornin', in the afternoon, late in the evening He'll be there,When your heart is broken & you feel discouraged, You can just remember that he said HE'LL BE THERE!!

I didn't think I was worried about this test but obviously I was. I also know several others who are pregnant that are facing issues during their pregnancies. So this song just really struck home.

1 comment:

landomartz said...

It's good to see child labor in action:-)

Praying your tests all go well
M