Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mexico

A couple years ago mom and dad told us all that they would like to take us all to Mexico for Christmas this year. So we headed down Nov 20 or so we thought. We made it to Utah and then the captain came on and said there was a hydraulic sensor that was overheating and due to the difficulty getting the piece we had to return to Calgary. We got put up in a hotel for the night with supper and breakfast paid for and headed out to Mexico 7 am on Nov 21. We were travelling with 5 kids 3 years old and younger. The first flight taught us what we needed to do differently but overall the kids did great considering what we put them through. Connor was fabulous - the only time he fussed was landing in Peurto Vallarta because of his ears.
We arrived in jeans and t-shirts (leaving -25 and arriving in +30) so we all wanted to cool of in the pool. Connor loved the opportunity to go swimming everyday. In the mornings mom, dad and I would head out to the ocean at sunrise and do our lengths - what a glorious way to start the day. Dad had a couple fish jump right in front of him.
The first day on the beach was completely new for Connor. He stood in the sand for about 30 minutes before he figured out he could play in it. Then he had fun burying me. I took him out to the ocean while the others were boogy boarding and it took him a while to get used to that but he did. I had to take him out cuz he was shivering so badly. But he didn't want to stay on the beach he wanted "more". So out we went. The salt didn't bother him at all. Here he is showing of a rock he collected in his shovel.




Tuesday morning the guys and Aunt "om" went deep sea fishing. Tim actually woke up that morning throwing up but was looking forward to going fishing so badly that he went anyways. He was exhausted when they returned but was feeling better. Shari and Naomi got the flu that day. Bri got it in the evening. Dad, mom and Dave got it the next day. And baby Ben got it Thursday. Pam's family had the flu the week before we left. I had a stomach ache 1 day before we left and Connor wasn't himselft the week before - so that must have been our flu cuz we never got sick.
Connor is still a very big mama and daddys boy. I thought by the end of the week he might warm up to my family but "Om" (Aunt Naomi) and "Dave" were the only ones that worked. As you can tell in the picture above he didn't like my sister too much.

"Gav" was Connors best bud the whole week. He got super excited when Gavin and Owen came into the room. "Cuz" he would say and get super excited and run all over the place. The day that the guys went fishing there was a sea lion that came for a visit in the pool.

Wednesday we headed up to Buserias, a small mexican village to experience a flea market and get some fish and chips. There we got Connor a Mexican soccor outfit and some sand toys. After his nap that day we couldn't get him away from his sand toys.

Owen, Gavin and Ben playing in the pool. One day Tim was in the pool with Connor and had to leave. I was standing right on the pool edge and the water wasn't that deep so I just watched him. I turned my back for a second or two and Naomi saying to get that kid out of the water. Connor was floating face first in the water. It scared the crap out of me and I burst into tears once he had settled down. Fortunately he didn't get scared away from the pool cuz everyday after that he always wanted to go swimming again. That night I had trouble going to sleep cuz all I could see was Connor floating in the water. Tim reminded me that God loves our son more that we do and instantly I couldn't see the picture anymore and was at peace.

Having fun with Uncle Bri


Not a great picture but a view from our room. We could see a bit of the ocean.


Friday morning we bused into Peurto Vallarta. mom and dad's timeshare is in Neuvo Vallarta 30 min north of PV. We got to see sand sculptures in progress and another flea market and lunch on the ocean. It was a great day.

That night mom and dad took us to fajita republic. Very cool resturant with lanterns for light and rustic building. The guys kept commenting on how we would never get away with a building like that in Canada. Pam & Bryant opted out as the kids were exhausted from the day in PV.


Our days seemed somewhat repetative breakfast, swim in the pool, lunch, naps, beach time, then swim in the pool again before supper. It is hard to do too much when your kid needs naps and I am pregnant. But we all enjoyed it a ton.


The day we were leaving I realized I didn't get any pictures with me and Connor so this is it.

Our only family picture as well gets a peek of the pool area too.

No comments: