The other afternoon while Kale was napping I asked Connor if he would like me to take some pictures of him. Below are the shots that capture him best. This summer has been lots of fun with him. We have had many adventures around the pasture. Following the cow paths is again one of his favorite games to play. He has taken on the big brother role even more - stopping what he is playing to show Kale how to use a toy, holding Kale's hand when we are walking into a store, all the way to helping Kale get is shoes on and off. I love his squeaky "mom" voice when he talks to Kale. He is continually wanting to help me in the garden. One day I watched while he was showing Kale which weeds to pull and put in the bucket. He has become an expert pea/bean/potato/carrot picker.
I love watching him grow and wonder. We have entered the "why" stage. Some days I am so tired of coming up with answers I just say "just cuz Connor". If I don't answer him right away he'll say "just cuz mom?" But overall I love that he is asking questions. He wants to learn and it gives me a great opportunity to teach him. The other night we had a bunch of hay cut and the thunder was booming and the clouds were getting black. I prayed out loud for the Lord to let the rain pass us. He asked what I was doing and I told him. Seconds later his hands were on the window looking out at the field saying "Jesus please don't let it rain". Just about melt my heart!!
No comments:
Post a Comment