Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fun Fall Time!

After a wonderful church service today we had 6 families over for a mini fall festival.  Although it was windy everybody was game to have the weiner roast and eat outside.  I loved just sitting around the fire watching the kids interact with each other and visiting with the parents. 
 Kale has the nastiest runny nose.  Add a cool wind and it was a steady stream.  As soon as I got the camera out he was saying cheese and smiling away - so I couldn't not post this picture. 
 Connor helped me get the groceries yesterday and he picked out the hot dogs he wanted.  Some of the guys were roasting a bunch before the kids got to the table so I gave one of those to Connor.  But he kindly asked to have the ones he had picked out the day before.  So he waited paitently until he got it.  And he ate 1 1/2 of them.  A year ago I couldn't get him to eat meat and now it is the first thing gone on his plate even when there are chips around!!

 After everyone was good and full we loaded up on the hay ride the boys and I got ready yesterday.  They were all so excited.  Carson and Garrett's smiles just say it all.  It was lots of fun.  Besides Whitney and Megan the rest of the kids didn't come from farms so they all got turns driving the tractor.  The smiles were endless.
 Upon returning from the hay ride we had a neeedle in the straw stack game for the kids to play.  I had made little goody bags for each kid.  The boys were a little more wilder than the girls.  Poor Keenan couldn't find his so I jumped up with the boys and we finally found it. 
 Next on the list of things to do was bob for apples.  I didn't know how well this would turn out but they all got right into it.  Once they figured out they could grab the stem with their teeth more kids tried it out.

 Then Mr. Tim had to show the kids how it was really done.  Glad to see one of the adults try it out.

 
It was a wonderful afternoon.  God has blessed us with a beautiful yard and large space to play.  I love seeing it put to use. 
 

No comments: