Yesterday was such a gorgeous afternoon that we (I) decided we needed to do family pictures. I had three grumbling boys tag along but was able to bribe 2 of them with suckers. We captured some good shots.
I've had several people tell me how Kale has grown up in the last couple months. He is a complete gem to have in our family. His latest joys are playing with his dump truck with Connor in the garden, going for bike rides down to the barn, building block towers, playing with anything farm related especially combines, he LOVES jumping on the tramp. He'll say "turn" and Connor will sit on the edge while Kale bounces his heart out. He has recently discovered bum drops and bucking bulls. He loves the book Bibi and the Bull. I could recite the whole book to you we've read it so much. He loves having Uncle Buddie (not a blood Uncle but an Uncle in so many ways) and Tonka visit every week. He is very concerned when he can't find Sadie and will call her "Adie, Adie" until he sees her. Kale is copying everything we say now and putting 2 - 3 words together. His favorite phrases now are mommy...hungy and help me. He doesn't walk anywhere but rather runs everywhere. When we were at the fence taking pictures yesterday he watched Connor climb the fence once and he was doing it himself.
Connor has also grown and I mean literally. All his shirts and pants are too short for him. He is a super help around the house and yard but also helping with Kale. When they come in from outside I am on my way to take their shoes and coats off but Connor has already done it. Without naps now he and I have had a lot of fun making crafts but he especially loves puzzles. He loves dictating play. I'll often hear him say no Kale do it this way and Kale (usually) goes along with it. He loves going to church but I think it is more to see his friends than anything else - but you gotta start somewhere. Him and Gamma (Tim's mom) have bonded with games/books on her IPad. He loves to sing. While we were combining Tim was never in till we were all in bed. So we would phone Tim at bedtime and Tim would say his blessing or prayers with him. One night Connor wanted to sing to him but on that night Tim had his hands completely tied up. So Connor phoned Gamma, Gram, and Papa (who stopped the combine) and sang twinkle twinkle to each of them.


1 comment:
They are growing up so quickly! What great pictures.
Post a Comment