Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, January 21, 2013

Radium Getaway

We spent last week in Radium for a little getaway before calving starts.  The weather was decent and we spent a lot of time outside.  The first morning we headed out to play on the park and the sheep were close enough we could have pet them.  The boys loved it and from that moment every time we left the condo they were on the lookout for sheep.
 
  Just down the hill from the condo was a beautiful ravine with a stream.  I had found it while walking one morning and then we took the boys down after sledding. 
 With all our outdoor activities the boys were wiped by nap time.  While they napped Tim and I (mostly me) enjoyed playing games.  Got a new one out there called Alhambra and it we enjoyed learning it. 
 The boys LOVED having dad around all day. 
The one disappointment was that the hot springs in Radium didn't open till noon everyday and their cool pool had water in it but closed to public.  We typically go to Fairmont for our winter getaway but they stopped their airmiles special and it was more expensive than getting a 2 bed/2 bath condo.  Our favorite thing to do in Fairmont is to use the hot pools morning and evening.  I love swimming lengths outside when it is -10 out.  But in Radium I never got to.  We enjoyed the hot pool everyday and the boys, especially Kale, got super comfortable in the water.  Kale is a little fish.
My highlight of the trip was cross country skiing around Invermere lake.  We rented this stroller unit and took turns hauling the boys.  It was a beautiful morning and I loved being able to take in God's creation with my family.  I have a little fear of actually being on a frozen lake.  But we got reports saying that it was over 12 inches thick (the ice).  I saw a couple trucks driving around on it and decided it would be ok for us to go.
 
 The boys thought the fishing huts were kinda neat.

It was a wonderful trip and I am very grateful that we were able to do it. 

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Awesome pictures and I love your new template and header!