A few years ago I created an advent calendar for my kids. I wanted to incorporate family activities, service activities and just have some fun with the kiddos. This is the link to what the advent calendar looks like. http://www.earle-expedition.blogspot.ca/2012/11/our-advent-calendar.html
Day 1: make a gingerbread house. I found a village kit which they loved cuz they each could decorate a couple. I tried to use the icing they provided to stick it together but I was getting frustrated way too easily. So I pulled out the trusty glue gun and it all went better. These 2 pictures are included to show how crazy Lexi is getting. Her new favorite thing is to climb onto chairs. But she doesn't just sit there, she starts to rock it. So we have all gotten in a routine of pushing the chairs in so she can't climb up. But...the other day she figured out how to pull them away from the table.
Day 3: Make a Jesus basket for a family. This one is still in the process of being made as well as locating a family that could use a little extra this season. If anyone in the Cremona area knows of a family that could use a Jesus basket please let me know.
Day 5 and 6: have snowman soup and read stories by the fire. Saturday was +6 out but we still made a fire and enjoyed snowman soup (hot chocolate with marshmallows and candy cane). After that we pulled out some plastic cups and started making towers. Kale has become quiet an engineer. It is fun watching the boys work together to get a BIGGER one.
Day 7: Go Christmas Tree Hunting. Sunday was absolutely beautiful and we all enjoyed the walk and fresh air.
Day 8: Make Christmas Goodies. We are part of a cookie exchange so I figured we'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Connor has Literacy Backpacks that he brings home weekly. They are themed backpacks that incorporate books and activities to enhance their learning at home. Connor's backpack this past week was gingerbread themed. His activity was to make gingerbread cookies, so we made gingerbread man/cookies. About 14 dozen. Needless to say he took cookies to class this morning.
Day 9: Play a board game.
1 comment:
What a great idea!! Way to go!
Post a Comment