We have been calving since the end of January. It is common to find Kale up at the farm matching his dad's footsteps - stride for stride. Which leaves Lexi and I at home together. So one day we pulled out the play do and started playing. She loves the marble run, books, her horse castle, and any doctor type toy.
She is very into dresses that poof when she twirls. She loves to put "songs" on and dance to them. Her favorite dance move is to spin as fast as I can. "Again" is all I hear when we do this.
I wrote in our Christmas letter that she was potty trained. Well she is not now. She has decided she does not want anything to do with the toilet now. I am hoping after the skating carnival this weekend I can spend more time focusing on fixing this. I'll have a couple weeks before soccer starts that we won't be running to different programs every day and be able to give her my attention with this.
Kales favorite cow thing to do now is to tag calves. He sits in the back of the gator and passes a blue or yellow tag to Tim. The bull calves are yellow and the blue calves are heifers. He always informs me how many bulls have been born.
Barn chores are his next favorite. We had an orphan calf that Tim was getting used to a bottle. Kale was very excited to have this calf come down to our place and live in Sadie's pen and feed him morning and night. But we lost a calf and the orphan is now adopted onto a mom.
At the beginning of the season Lexi would run away from the calves. Now she is excited to pet the calves and isn't afraid to get close to them. She is always wanting to go do chores with dad in the morning.
Our dear skating rink had many hours used on it this winter. It is sad to see it melt away. But we did get Lexi on a couple times. For a 2 year old she has pretty good balance. This day she even walked about 30 steps in total.
A little while ago I took the younger ones to the zoo for the day. Boy was Connor mad. But we had fun. We got to see a baby giraffe and the baby penguin.
I think we rode the carousel 7 times. Lexi loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment