Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

There was 500, now there are 250

Well on November 1, 2006 we sold the calves. Here some of the herd come up for a innocent drink, not knowing what will be happening in a few hours.
Greg and I were in the truck and Tim was on the quad bringing the cows up from down below. It was quiet interesting, because as you can see we had a bit of snow. Well Greg`s truck was in the shop and Tom has his down in California, so we had no 4X4. We had to load Chevy up with a bunch of bales so we had some weight in the back of the 2 wheel drive - I guess it worked, cuz we didn`t get stuck!!!
These next two pictures are of the herd in the pens. Every year when we wean, I always wish that I had my camera.
We took the calves to High River, using our neighbor's cattle liner. It is kinda exciting, cuz Greg pulled it with the farm`s new toy, which is a semi. I tried getting a picture of it, but it was too dark by the time we loaded the calves; I can`t believe how fast it gets dark now. Anyways at the sale I ran into my great uncle. I haven`t seen him for about a year so it was great to visit with him. He and his sister who are both well into their 80`s calve out 100 head on their own and they had their calves in the sale as well.

No comments: