Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

20 lengths, 15 km bike, and 5 km run later!!

Well I prayed that I would be able to breath through my nose by 12:30 on June 2, 2007. I know it is a rather specific prayer, but I thought I would try none the less. I enjoyed doing the triathlon but my results weren`t what I was hoping for. My swim went great, cuz you don`t need to breath through your nose. My time was better than last year. My bike also went better than last year. However, I know I could have done better if I didn`t have to breath through my mouth. But the run is what did me in. It was about 30 above and I could only breath through my mouth. I had to walk quiet a bit cuz I kept hyperventilating. But, all things considering, if I had been feeling better I would have done better than last year - and that was what my goal was. It is just kinda a bummer that I couldn`t have done better with all the training I did this winter. It makes me want to do another one to see what my actual time would be. But haying season is coming up and most tri`s around here are booked up. So I`ll have to wait till next year. Maybe next year I`ll be up to an Olympic triathlon - we`ll see.
It amazes me at the different age groups that come out for the event. All the way from 4-59. One individual in the 50- 59 age group finished in just over an hour. I wish I could do it that fast. I hope when I am that age that I can be as fit as she is.


That`s me waiting in line with the bright orange swim cap. Tim got a picture of me at the finish line but it is one of those pictures that I`ll keep to myself!

No comments: