Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, July 20, 2007

The decks are done but the days are getting shorter!

I know I should have a picture to prove the decks are done, but I have to download them on a cd and bring them to work because our dial up is too slow to download a picture. Pam and Bryant came up last week and helped us finish the 2 decks. When we were first planning the decks I told Tim that I wanted to have a multi level deck in the back because it is so high off the ground. He just laughed and said we are already going to have 640 sq ft. of deck. Since he put it that way I figured I could wait till next year and add onto the deck (cross my fingers). I figure in about 5 years I might get my wish. But just the other day he said that my idea of a multi level deck would make the deck much more user friendly. Here`s hoping!! They have been put to good use so far. In this past heat wave the back deck is cooler than inside by supper so we have enjoyed many dinners out there. The front deck is my dream veranda and is perfect for reading a book while watching the sun go down.

This morning on my way to work I had to wear my sunglasses and use the visor cuz the sun is getting lower. Then I thought to all the mornings I drive in the dark and realizing that it is coming too soon. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze summer and make it last longer; so I can enjoy more evenings on the deck in shorts until 11. But I can`t wish away summer, hopefully it will last for a couple months yet - you never know in Alberta!!

1 comment:

Darin and Jody said...

Karen,
I just wanted to let you know, we received the blanket you made for Caily and love it. The colors are great, thanks so much.

Jody (and Caily)