
This past Sunday, Tim and I headed out to our pasture to hunt for the perfect tree. I was really excited to get one this year, cuz last year we were moving and didn`t get one and that with the vaulted ceiling we would be able to get a big tree. Here Tim is trying to size it up.

We finally got it up and decorated and I was really pleased how it looked. We had to rearrange the furniture in the living room to get it to fit, but I thought it looked great until..........

It came crashing to the floor. Several of my breakable ornaments broke which really sucked cuz they were all hand painted by one of my friends. But oh well, nothing I could do about it. So we put it up again and put a five galleon paint can on the base to anchor it. I was just about to go over it and make sure all the breakable ones were off in case it were to fall again. But it fell over again. One ornament that my mother-in-law made me broke this time. We left it lying like this until last night. Tim brought 2 twenty pound salt bags and put them on the stand to anchor it and so far it hasn`t fallen over again. Next year we are going to have to build a new stand for a bigger tree, but this year salt bags are going to have to do. I love being married to such a creative husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment