Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dog Story #1

One summer when I was in about grade 10 my cousin was working for my dad during his university summer break. At the end of the summer he gave me his phone number so I could call him with my daily cat and dog stories. I didn`t realize it until then but everyday at lunch or supper I would fill the silence with a cat or dog story that happened that day. You see, mom and dad have these two dogs that we have had since they were pups. Since they were born I spent every chance I could to play with them. It came known around the farm that if you were looking for Karen look for the two black dogs. They always stayed with me. Even when I was cultivating a 160 acres they would run around and around behind the tractor. Stories were easy to have on hand when I was around them so much.

So I will continue my dog stories to entertain you. However, the dog that inspires me now is Sadie. Last week we were taking care of the boys while Beck was at a guitar lesson. Lane likes playing with Sadie, Jesse is not so sure, and Damon gets scared of her very easily. Sadie loves playing fetch, so Lane was getting her going playing this game. Damon was watching from the house and then all of a sudden he says "me throw". So he threw the ball a couple times and decided that was enough. We went back inside and were playing some games and were just about to play hide and go seek when we heard some knocking at the door. Odd, I thought I didn`t see any one pull up. So I told Lane to see who it was. Well it was just Sadie wagging her tail rather excitedly (I think that is a word). I guess she wanted to play again. Lane was glad to see that it wasn`t his mom cuz he wanted to play hide and seek with Uncle Tim! Again last night we heard knocking at the door. I think my puppy has figured out how to get our attention!

No comments: