Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gopher

There is no such things as long weekends for farmers. That said we had one of our busiest weekends. I know it is almost the weekend again but I can only post at work cuz our Internet is on the fritz. If they had a job title "gopher" that would have been me this past week. Since we are seeding with two drills my job on Saturday was to move the seed truck from place to place. This sounds easy enough but it was kinda scary. You see if you go over a bump too fast or the wrong angle you could tip the truck cuz all the weight is up high. Between that I had to get meals ready and take out to Tim so he didn`t have to shut down. And then I had to rototill our yard so it could be ready for grass.

Monday was a little less busy but I still had to keep my cell phone on my hip so that I could move machinery or men around. I hate cell phones so having to keep it on me is a little hard to remember.

Beck is in Europe with her family so she has set up shifts for us to take the boys while Greg is working. So I had the boys till 2. Man, I really admire mothers. Jesse and Damon are great kids and play well by themselves but when they are at our place it has to be funner than home. That way they`ll want to come over more often. But it is hard to entertain 2 boys, make lunch, take it to the field, then feed them and clean up while entertaining them again. I had more work in our yard to do so I was doing that and Tim called me and needed me to seed so he could move the seed truck. I didn`t want to drive the truck down the highway so I had to learn how to seed. I had to seed the field in front of our house so we will see in a week if I did a good job or not. Tim spelled me off so I had some time to myself. I decided to work out but was interrupted after 30 minutes cuz Tim needed me at the field right away. So I went seeding again and then we had to move all the machines home so they didn`t get rained on.

The yard was finally ready to seed at 8pm on Tuesday. So Tim and I worked till 11pm planting grass and finishing everything off. Just in time for the rain. I hope it germinates good cuz I really want green grass!!!!!!

No comments: