
Last Monday was so beautiful at home that Sadie and I took a long walk across the fields. Tim had just plowed a path through a field for chores so our path wasn't too icy. This is the sunset off our front deck. I love Chinook arches.

The oops comes into play here. When Tim and I were first married we decided that we weren't going to have any television. We can still watch movies but we have no tv hooked up. So we often spent our evenings playing games. But that kinda got boring after awhile so we decided we would sew a quilt together. I would do all the cutting and Tim would do all the sewing. Below is our first masterpiece. I had made a quilt before we got married and my mom made us a beautiful quilt for a wedding gift. We had 3 quilts and figured we would rotate them with the seasons. The one I made was to be spring, moms would be summer and this one would be fall and winter. We decided that we needed to do a winter quilt. So a couple years ago, mom gave us the fabric as a Christmas present and we started on it briefly. That was when we were building our house. As most of you predicted - we haven't worked on it since.

Now that Timbit is almost here we decided we better get the stuff out and work on it again. But seeing as how 2 years have past and I have a little bit of Baby Brain I kinda made a miscalculation on the size of our first block.

The one on the right is the WRONG size. I had cut all the fabric to make 35 of these squares and was getting ready to cut the next set of squares when I found the one on the left tucked in between fabric. I really felt like swearing at that point cuz I thought I ruined the whole thing. I didn't think we would have enough fabric to make 35 of the big squares. Since 2 years had past who knew if we could get the same fabric or no. So Tim and I looked through all the instructions and figured out that we will have just enough to make it. It took us nearly an hour to figure it out but..... We only wasted one evening and a bunch of fabric but it looks like we can continue. Now we just have a bunch of mini squares we can make Timbit a matching quilt!!

This is what the quilt is supposed to look like. Only we are doing blue, beige and red tones in our quilt. Oh and it is flannel so it will be extra cozy in the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment