Well, the induction didn't work. They tried a drip induction but I wasn't opening up so they stopped it. Then they tried a different type that I needed to be monitored for 2 hours. By 90 minutes I was having super long contractions and Timbits heart rate dropped. So they stopped it and kept me overnight. In the morning they tried the #2 type again and again at 90 minutes I had a 15 minute contraction they had a hard time stopping. So Tim and I were sent up to a specialist in Red Deer. Olds conveniently had both doctors that could do c-sections on holidays or I would have had a c-section yesterday. But the specialist checked me out and I had dilated a bit from leaving Olds. He said that the baby is fine and healthy so to go home, get some rest and deliver Timbit on my own.
What a whirlwind of days. I was disappointed at first that the specialist wouldn't do a c-section but after I thought about it I am glad he didn't. Hopefully my body will naturally kick in and do it's job. I have till Friday to have Timbit on my own. If not then I will have a c-section. I thank God every second I get that Timbit is still healthy. I am very fortunate to have had a comfortable pregnancy, so right now I at 42 weeks I can still say I am feeling fine physically. Of course I want to be holding Timbit now but it is all in Gods timing. I can still bend down and touch my toes!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment