Yes, I am officially 10 days overdue. I had a doc appt on Friday which I thought would be a routine check up but it wasn't. My doctor asked me to go over to the hospital to have a non stress test done just because I am overdue and nothing is really happening. I was hooked up for about 25 minutes and they faxed the strip to my doctor. The nurse came back and put me on again cuz the doctor didn't like the results. So I was hooked on for another 1 1/2 hrs. In the meantime my doctor was talking with an obstetrician in Red Deer and they decided that I should spend the night in the hospital to monitor the baby's heart rate.
I was admitted to the hospital and instantly called Tim in tears. He came up right away. In the meantime my doctor came by to explain what was going on. The babies heart rate is supposed to go up and down sharply but my first strip the heart rate was more rolling than sharp. But after I changed positions for my second strip it went back to normal. She has never seen it go back to normal. What causes the rolling is either the cord is around the neck, baby is anemic, or baby is sick. So once Tim got to the hospital we headed to Red Deer for an ultrasound to determine what was wrong.
The ultrasound was fine and Timbit was fine. The amniotic fluid was in the normal range but on the low side. So they sent us back to Olds for the night to monitor the heartrate. Everything is fine now and I had started contractions yesterday. The doctor sent us home so we could get a better rest. I am to monitor the babies movements every hour to make sure it moves 6 times an hour. If Timbit doesn't move that much we need to go back in. My contractions have slowed down again so who knows if I will have Timbit naturally. If nothing happens today then we are scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning at 7:30. If for some reason it doesn't work than we have to go back to Red Deer and get another ultrasound done to make sure the fluid level is still ok. If it isn't then I will have a c-section.
I know that we have had many peoople praying for us this last little bit and you don't know how much it means to us to know we have so much support. Please continue to pray for a safe arrival of Timbit. I was originally really scared when they told me I would have to stay overnight. But we know that God is in control and we have to rely and trust in him. Both Tim & I are trying not to be anxious about all this but it is hard.
4 comments:
We're keeping tabs on Timbit's arrival and continue to keep you all in our prayers. Do keep us all posted!
We're all praying too and can hardly wait to hear your news...I spend several nights in the hospital with Jamie while they monitored him and did non-stress tests so I can understand what you're going thru!
I am praying for you, hope today went well.
I have been checking in wondering how you were doing ... know that I will be praying for you and for Timbit's safe arrival. Hopefully you will read this comment once baby is safely in your arms :)
Post a Comment