Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Mom + Multitasking = DISASTER

I have always prided myself on my ability to get multiple things done at one time efficiently. So the other day I figured I could sterilize my breast pump in boiling water on the stove, check email and feed Connor at the same time. Needless to say once Connor woke up I forgot about the boiling water on the stove. When I finished feeding Connor I walked into the kitchen to the smell of burnt plastic. Thank goodness it was a nice day and I was able to open all the windows in the house. I locked Connor in our room as it was the only room that didn't stink. It took many phone calls and one useless trip to Sundre to track down the replacement pumps. I was telling this to one of my friends just after it happened and she said she had done the same things once. So I don't feel like such a bonehead now.

No comments: