Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

6 months

I can't believe our little boy is 6 months old already. We aren't big on the birthday party thing but for his half a year celebration we went to Cochrane to go swimming for the first time with Connor. It took a bit of getting used to it at first but then he enjoyed it and loved the hot tub.
We finally got around to getting a high chair for him. Today he was sitting there while I was making baby food. There are 2 lizards right in front of him that follow a track. He started playing with them and I swear making truck noises already - it was super cute.

We thought we better get a family picture in the fall leaves. But the wind has been super strong the last few days that there weren't many trees. My camera lens got smushed the other day when I had it in the combine with me. So this was taken with the old camera. I can't believe the difference. Needless to say I have replaced my busted one now.

I finally got a smile from him. It is super hard to capture it on camera cuz he likes the orange light when the camera focuses.

For all those skeptics that say you can't grow corn in Cremona I have proved them wrong. My husband being one of them cannot believe that I got corn. I have to thank the beautiful September weather though. The plants germinated great and were about 6 inches tall when we got a late frost and toasted the plants. I was going to work them up but never got around to it. A couple weeks later the plants came up again. I figured I wouldn't get any corn but that the plants would look nice in the garden, so I left them. Then they got hailed really bad twice in August. We have enjoyed many meals already. I picked the remaining cobs and made baby food with them this morning.





1 comment:

landomartz said...

Great corn...Judy says you can get it once every seven years!