Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, February 04, 2011

Kale Timothy Earle

Kale Timothy Earle was born January 31, 2011 at 9:34 am. He weighed 8 lbs 11 oz and was 22 inches long. To make the story short his heart rate was dropping down to 60/70 (when it should be 130) during a contraction. It was a continuous thing and each time he would take longer to recover. The same thing happened with Connor. So the doctor was concerned there could be another knot in the cord or that the cord was wrapped around his neck and being pinched during a contraction. I looked at Tim and he and I both had tears in our eyes but quickly remembered that God was in control. So 10 minutes later I was in the OR being prepped for a c-section. 15 minutes after that we were introduced to a healthy baby boy. PRAISE GOD. In the end there was nothing wrong with the cord. Best the doctor can figure is that my placenta was shutting down (I was officially 1 week overdue) and there wasn't enough blood getting through the placenta.
My first time to hold my little guy about 1 hr after he was born. I didn't get to hold Connor for 3 hrs after he was born.
Connor's first visit. Uncle Greg brought him up and they were practising saying Kale. He came in and had to see Kale right away. Pretty soon, after he had used his tools to fix my bed, Tim got him sat down to hold Kale. He didn't want to let him go.

He just wanted to give him hugs and kisses.

This one is actually of Connor in the hospital. We can see some definite similarities between them but Kale is changing a little everyday.

I love sleeping babies!!

Right from day one Kale has been very alert with eyes wide open. He has a very strong neck like
Connor.

Through all the fast pace of getting me into the or we never got to do the first family pictures so this is the one we got with Tim.

Although we have had a few moments with Connor, he has taken very well to having a brother in the house. He even shared his bedtime story with Kale the other night.


Yesterday we bundled Kale up and went for a walk down the lane. The sunshine felt fabulous and Kale fell asleep right away. Hopefully he loves the outdoors as much as the rest of us.

3 comments:

landomartz said...

Oh, Karen I am so happy for you!! I am so glad everyone was safe in the end. Hope you are doing okay physically,
Love Mart

Beck's Bulletin said...

Congratulations to all of you!! So excited to see pictures! enjoy your boys!

Darin and Jody said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your newest little one! Praying for a quick recovery for you and a smooth transition to two little ones!