Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Taste of Summer



Lots has been going on around here. Haying is wrapped up for the year (praise God it wasn't Oct 2 again). Busy helping (pretending really) Tim around the farm. Harvesting parts of the garden. Playing and enjoying the beautiful weather. Taking care of the boys as they both had nasty colds. Going to a good old fashion drive in movie. Cars 2 was playing and Connor stayed up till 11 and watched the whole thing. So much more has happened that I'm sure I've forgotten.


One of Connor's favorite things to do this summer is play is the peas. I am rather impressed with them myself as they are about 6 inches above my head.


One of my favorite things to grow in my garden are sunflowers.

Helping dad check cows out west. Another thing Connor LOVES to do with dad.



We celebrated my dads birthday last weekend. Connor got right into painting a rock for him. I haven't seen him concentrate for such a long period of time.


My weeks project. A 28 ft long trailer full of bark mulch - it smells so nice.



My little helper cleaning up after making bread.



I think it is cute when kids are dressed the same. I finally had a sweater that was the same and thought I'd take a picture of it. Kale is already 7 months old - how time flies.


When Connor was 7 months old I took some of my favorite pictures of him infront of this log wearing this outfit. I thought it would be neat to see the differences. Below is the picture of Connor.




Kale is full of mischeif these days. He has 2 bottom teeth now. Still smiles at everyone. Loves to eat. Loves watching things, especially Sadie and the cows. Sometimes I wish the cows weren't right outside the house but then my boys absolutely love watching them daily.













If you look closely you can see Kale's two teeth.


Sadie and Connor have been best buds all summer long. He loves taking her for walks, going exploring around the yard with her, playing in the garden, and absolutely loves feeding her. He will fill up the container with dog food and sit on the step and throw one piece at a time down the stairs. I've caught him several times throwing the food in his pool on the deck. I know yuck, but I change the water regularly.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

What great pictures! So much fun! Love seeing your updates and watch the boys growing up from a distance.