Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, September 12, 2011

Worry?

My mother is a famous worryier (sp??). Whenever we went anywhere we had to call when we got there. I always forgot and she once told me that if the police didn't call her she knew I was safe. As I am older and wiser now I have come to appreciate the worry factor from my mother. I vowed when I was a teenager never to worry like my mom. I would say that in our marriage Tim is definitely the worry wart. However, since having kids my worry list grows daily. My mom often brings up my vow when I start to voice some of my worries. And I know that we are "to give our worries to the Lord for he will not let good people down". BUT IT IS SO HARD TO DO. My little baby is going in for surgery on Thursday. It is a low risk surgery but all the same it is still surgery and he'll be put to sleep. I find my mind creating horrible scenarios in my brain and as soon as I do I'll quote scripture to remind me that God is in control and loves my baby more than I do. It is very comforting knowing that - but in a couple hours I'll play the whole thing over again.

Please pray for our family as we go through this - especially for Kale.

1 comment:

sentance or servanthood? said...

praying! thanks for sharing your thoughts with honesty