Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Stay with Mommy

"Stay with Mommy" is a phrase Tim and I are hearing from our oldest child quite a bit lately. I am flattered by the request but part of me wishes I didn't hear it. In harvest Tim is gone from the house from sun up to sun down. So any chance I get I take the boys up to the farm to see him or out to the field. If Tim can take Connor with him he willingly does. Connor has always loved going with dad until this fall. All of a sudden he doesn't want to go with dad as much and wants to stay with me. Sometimes when Tim has Connor he gets busy (as does anyboday on the job) and doesn't pay 100% of his attention to Connor but most of the time he does. So maybe it is that, I don't know.

I do know that I want our children to watch their dad at work and see the passion that Tim has for his farm. We have a great opportunity where our children can see their dad work and where their dad can teach them on the job. I think it is so important for boys especially to see what their dad does. So part of me wishes that Connor would ask to go with dad instead of wanting to stay with me. But the other part is flattered that I am not too boring day in and day out that he wants to stay with me. I know the time will come, in not to long, that our boy will want to do everything dad does and won't want to be with me as much. So I guess I'll just cherish this time but keep praying that Connor will ask to go with dad.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Love your new header/family picture!