Earle Expedition
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Thankful
I know that Thanksgiving was last week but I haven't had a chance to post any pictures. We headed down to Tims' sister's place in Lethbridge for Saturday and Sunday and then hit my parents' on the way home. We have so much to be thankful for this season, these pictures capture a few of them.
Auntie Laura was wonderful with Connor. She played soccer with him, colored with him, read stories with him, gave him underducks on the swing, pushed him on the merry go round, and played in the pool with him. He talked about Auntie Lola all week. Thank you Laura.
My brother-in-law is a great photographer so I took advantage of it and got him to take some family pictures. Laura was dancing behind Greg to get the boys to look. We got some great pictures. Thanks Greg.
Kale has started to play strange with other people, not nearly as bad as Connor, but we had to document the happy moment all the same. Throwing rocks in the river with Grandma and Grandpa - what could possibly be better? I am so thankful for our families. I'm thankful that we live close to grandparents and great grandparents so our boys can grow up with them and have close relationships with them.
Monday we had Thanksgiving with my family. It was fun being on the farm when it was a regular work day. Mondays are shipping days on the farm. The guys are busy all morning weighing and sorting the pigs and after lunch they fill the liner. They shipped 221 pigs on Monday and Connor LOVED watching them. We had stopped by the farm Friday night on our way down to Lethbridge. Saturday morning I took Connor to see the baby pigs. We were in the barns for 45 min before we had to leave for Lethbridge. Connor could have stayed in there all morning if I let him. He definitely has his parents' love for animals. I am thankful that we live on a farm where the boys can run and play, learn all sorts of new things, and be able to go to work with their daddy.
Kale is super close to crawling. He gets on all fours and just about gets his one leg forward but then falls on his tummy. Just lately he has discovered how to scoot backwards, but then he gets frustrated when he can't sit up. He loves sitting at the kitchen window and watching the cows go by. His 4th tooth finally came through and he is much more content to just sit and play instead of me having to hold him. His appetite has also returned now that his tooth is thru. He will put anything in his mouth and eat it. Last night he ate a whole meatball after he had already eaten his supper. I am super thankful that God has blessed us with two wonderful boys full of spit and fire - never a dull moment in our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post, Karen! I love that photo of you and Tim and the boys by the river! You're getting quite a collection of fantastic family pics.
What beautiful pictures Karen! Thanks for posting....so neat to see and to read your thoughts about being thankful!
Post a Comment