Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blessed

I am so BLESSED.  Today the boys and I went with Tim to check/move cattle on some pastures west of Sundre.  Both boys fell asleep on the way to Bear Berry pasture and Tim and I had a great real conversation that did not include talk about either of the kids, the farm, or church.  That never happens.  Shortly after we got there Kale woke up so him and I went out dancing on the pasture.  No music was playing just me singing was good enough for him.  He was giggling constantly.  Tim saw that he was awake and came and got him for a quad ride.  Meanwhile I just sat down in the middle of the pasture watching a massive thunderstorm roll and boom its way to us. 

It was such a perfect time to reflect and rejoice at how God has blessed my life.  I too often take for granted the chance I have to stay at home with my children.  Today I loved it.  Our boys got to hang out with their dad while he worked and they were able to work right beside him.  I am so lucky to have a husband who loves his work and who works just up the road from home.  Connor is constantly asking to go to work with daddy.  Anytime Connor asks Tim gladly takes him along.  It slows Tim down to have a 3 year old tagging along but it is important to him to allow the boys to fully enjoy the farm life - he loves having his little side kick with him. 

Kale and I have had a lot of one on one time this week because Connor is always with his dad.  It has been so much fun just interacting and playing with Kale.  Moments I don't get often.  He is such a character and full of life and smiles.  I tell him we are going to the farm to do chores or see dad and he drops his toy instantly and goes to get his shoes, sits down on his bum and says "boots". 

I had a rather rough day on Sunday emotionally for no reason at all - but everything set me off.  I was on worship and I prayed that my heart would change so I could be up at the front with the right mind set.  And it did only to have it all crash down on me during the potluck following.  After a nap with Kale I felt better and enjoyed the ball game.  Monday came and Tim told me to take the night off and do something for me.  He came in that night and said he had a lot of work to do but to still go and he'd manage the boys.  I am so blessed to have a husband willing to help me out of my slumps and loves me no matter what mood I am in.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Counting our blessings is always a good reminder of all that God has given us!