Today I looked around and was reminded of a few things:
1. How much I LOVE my yard and space. I love watching the trees and flowers grow. I love planting the new flowers every spring anticipating the burst of color they will soon bring to our yard. I love that one of the first things the boys ask every morning after breakfast is if they can go play outside. I love that we don't need a fence to keep them in and they have multiple places to play and explore. And I absolutely love my new windmill. My parents gave it to me a few years ago but I never knew quite where to put it. I made this flower bed this spring and it fits perfectly. We all love watching it out the kitchen window. I also love the little bulldozer parked after a days work!
We were at my parents this past weekend cheering multiple family members on during the triathlon. I so badly wanted to be part of it but being 5 1/2 months pregnant didn't allow for it. While we were there mom presented Kale with his quilt. She felt bad that it wasn't as elaborate as Connors but Kale didn't seem to mind. There are so many monkeys he can look at and find that he loves it. It suits him to a T as he really is the monkey of the family. I came in this afternoon after gardening and Kale is peeking out of his room: "I come out now mom?" He just woke up from his nap and got out of his bed. I do enjoy watching Kale explore being a bigger boy in so many ways.
Although he loves to be crazy I love Connor's gentle spirit. Yesterday I drove to south Calgary (just over an hour) to get our passports renewed - only to find out that I needed Tim's drivers license as a piece of id. I thought his SIN and birth certificate would be adequate but it wasn't. So I just wasted my time completely on that trip and could have avoided the problem if I had just taken the time to read all the instructions. When I was buckling the boys into the truck I burst into tears. I was so frustrated. Instantly Connor stops buckling himself in, jumps out of the car seat and comes and gives me a big hug and kiss. It was the sweetest moment!
This is a picture from the fall but it still captures our afternoon yesterday. The official spring sorting of the cattle. The pen was too full to let the boys in but they got their chasing sticks and contently played outside of the pen for nearly 3 hours. I love the fact that I am still able to enjoy helping on the farm even with the little ones around. I love the fact that they adore the farm and everything that goes on. I love that we can work together as a family. Today while Kale was napping Connor heard the cattle mooing at the farm and said they must be sorting again and we need to get up there right away to help. Love it! Now the boys and I are off to check some fence around the pasture here so they can bring the cattle down. I know they'll have their faces glued to the window as soon as they catch a glimpse of the cattle here.
No comments:
Post a Comment