Our 10th anniversary is coming up at the end of June. Tim and I took advantage of the rain and a slow time on the farm and took of to Fernie for the weekend. My brother and sister-in-law watched the boys for us so we could just enjoy some time on our own. It was such a huge blessing. By mid Saturday we almost didn't know what to do with ourselves.
We took our bikes with us and spent several hours exploring the trails. Tim really wanted to try some actual mountain biking with his new bike but I couldn't do much for hills or my heart rate would take off. So we basically stuck to the river trails. We walked around town, went hiking, did some shopping, played some games and just had a great time together.
Although we missed the boys like crazy we loved the opportunity to reconnect without the distractions that kids bring. Meal time was enjoyable and warm! The getaway was just what we needed after the busy seeding season.
I feel like I popped out big time this last week. 23 weeks pregnant now! I'm finding my energy zapped by mid afternoon. The boys are loving the nice weather and with them playing outside I get lots done in and outside the house.
1 comment:
So glad you were able to get away!! That's exactly what Heather and Matt are doing this week....celebrating their tenth anniversary without the kiddos while we get to love on Kai and Halle. Early Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment