Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kiss and Hug

During haying this year Tim was rarely home to put the boys to bed.  This is normal and very expected.  But every night Connor would ask that I remind Daddy to give him a kiss and hug before he goes to bed.  I told him that Daddy does every night.  Well this week harvest has kind of gotten in the way of bedtime again.  I had the boys all tucked in bed for about 20 minutes and Tim got home.  Connor was sound asleep but Kale hadn't got there yet.  As soon as Kale heard Tim's voice he got out of bed and stood at his door. Tim went to see what was up and Kale says:
"Daddy you give Connor a kiss and hug?"
"Yes Kale I just did.  Do you need anything?"
"No, just making sure"
Then he climbed back into bed and quickly fell asleep.
 
It was the sweetest moment of my day, and something I'll cherish for a while. Even when the 2 year old fits seem front and center the little one finds a way to melt your heart.  How I love his tender heart. 

No comments: