Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Fox Run

Sunday morning marked our annual participation in the Terry Fox Run or as Kale called it the Fox Run.  It was a glorious morning.  Our aim was to walk 5km as I am days away from having baby #3.  The boys started off walking with us but quickly rode in the stroller for a ways.  But Connor didn't last long and was out of it pretty soon running to keep up with us.  He ran almost half of it.  The last little bit Kale got out and finished it holding my hand.  They were so excited to do the run.  Connor is starting to grasp some of the reason we do the run.  Thank you to all that sponsored us with such short notice. 
 
Later in the day we decided to spend the day as a family rather than just Tim and I so we took the boys to see PLANES in the theatre.  It was a first for the 4 of us and I enjoyed it.  Tim not so much as he was trying to give me a break from disciplining the boys.  As long as Kale had popcorn or skittles he was pretty happy.  Once Connor was sitting on my knee he was pretty content too.
 
I am anxious to meet this little one on Wednesday.  But part of me is going to miss the simplicity of a family of 4.  I know as soon as I get a glimpse of the baby and able to hold it in my arms all doubts of a family of 5 will be wiped away.  Please pray for us as I am scheduled for a C-section Wednesday morning. I thought knowing the date would be great and it has for planning child care purposes...but I'm finding my anxiety levels getting higher everyday thinking of what could go wrong.  I'm putting it in God's hands but it is still hard not to overthink things.  We started combining today so that means a lot of long days/nights are ahead.  My mom will be spending time with us when we come home from the hospital but once she is gone it'll be very challenging to manage 3 kids on my own for a bit. Praying that the harvest weather will hold and harvest will get done quickly!

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Definitely will be praying and anxious to hear your news!!