Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, May 16, 2014

My Talented Mom!!

My mom is the most wonderful lady.  She is one of my best friends.  One of the things I cherish about her are her quilts.  Every time I am visiting we always make a trip to her sewing room (a single car garage turned sewing room) to see her new projects.  When we were down on mother's day she gave Tim and I the quilt below for our birthdays!!  Oh my, how I love it.  It is the traditional wedding ring quilt.  Every time I look at it I think of the elderly people in my life and the memories I have with each of them.  I can't put into words how much I love this quilt.  Thank you so much mom!

 As a baby gift each of the kids have gotten a special blanket.  Lexi has had hers for a while now but I finally got around to taking a picture of it.  Each of the little critters on it are embroidered with her sewing machine.  I wish it was a little bigger cuz it is so cozy.  The boys sleep with theirs every night.  I tried tucking Connor in last night without it cuz it was still in the wash.  "But mom I need my soft blanket to sleep".  Even though his feet stick out of the bottom he has to sleep with it every night.  Whenever we snuggle up and read books Kale goes and gets his "Gram blanket" to snuggle with.  They aren't small blankets - it means bringing an extra suitcase whenever we go overnight somewhere. 
 These are all wall hangings that we have around the house that my mom has made.  Pictures really don't do them justice.  They are all so unique and beautiful.  Some may think it odd but the majority of Tim's gifts from my parents have been wall hangings.  He loves them just as much as I do. 



 When the kids get into big kid beds they each get a quilt.  These are the quilts that only daddy can tuck them into.  So if there is a night that daddy isn't home at bed time we fold it down and daddy will cover them up when he gets home.  They get quite cross with me if I try to tuck them into these quilts. 
Thank you mom for peppering our home with love even when you don't live here.  

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Wow your Mom is one busy lady!!! Beautiful gifts with memories that will last a lifetime.