Warning: there are a lot of pictures. We did the Johnston Canyon Ice Walk while we were in Banff and it was the highlight of the trip for me. It was 3.2 km to the upper falls and we weren't sure if the boys would make it but they did great. Connor could have ran the whole thing. Kale had to be carried near the end but he was a trooper.
I love winter rivers. They are so calm and undisturbed.
Connor found this "s" tree and wanted a picture by it.
Kale pretending to be a deer!
I love these kiddos. I think I've taken too many pictures of them cuz now they find cool spots for pictures and pose for me!!
Yes Tim looks exhausted because he is. One would think that with all the activity we did the kids would sleep. Connor did, Kale would have except he woke up several nights with leg pains from too much activity and Lexi was being carried around all the time that she didn't get enough exercise - so she woke up several times in the night and super early to rise. We have come to the conclusion you do not go on holidays with young children to get rested.
This walk/hike was so cool. Frozen blue ice falls all over the place. I would definitely recommend it to any family wanting to get out on a nice day.
She was so excited to get out of the pack and kicked up a fuss when we put her back in, but she did great.
I promised the boys a little picnic at the upper falls. The boys were fascinated by a pair of ice climbers while they ate.
Who said you had to walk down the hill? When we got to a steep part the boys and I slid down on our bums instead of trying to stay upright and the slippery parts.
Having fun in the cave.
Lower falls
No comments:
Post a Comment