Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, May 18, 2015

Gathering Together

 This little girl loves to be "Cheesy" for pictures.  She loves sitting in her brothers bean bag chairs.
 This past year I have been part of a bible study with several amazing women.  I have appreciated them so much.  Our leader is leaving for 5 years to Mongolia in a few weeks so we had all the families over for a wiener roast last night.  I think with all the kids we had about 30 people here.  Luckily the weather held out for us and we had a fabulous time outside. 
 
 My boys are going to miss this little guy (Corban) and his brother (Mason) beside him. This past year and a half that the Luyendyks have been home we have seen them almost weekly.  It isn't often you have a neighbor in the country that is only a 10 minute walk away that share so many of the same values and that are best friends to both adult and child.  In the spring and summer I get asked daily if we can bike down to Mason and Corbans.  When the 4 boys get together they explore and discover so many things together.  There will definitely be a hole in my boys hearts that is going to be hard to fill when they leave for Mongolia.   
The dads did the cooking for the night!  A game of soccer had all the kids and dads burning their energy.  I realize while I was loading these pictures that I didn't get any of my bible study group.  So my mission before Beth and her family leave is to get a picture of all us together.  

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

What fun times! And those times with other families with the same values as yours are priceless!