Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, June 01, 2015

A First of Many

This past Friday I went with Connor and his class to the zoo.  Due to the fact that one of the kids I was in charge of had signed a document asking that no pictures be taken of him it was easier to just not take pictures.  But we had a great time.  We got back to the school just as it was letting out for the day, but Connor insisted he ride the bus home.  Because he was able to bring a friend home on the bus with him.  He was having his first friend sleep over that night.  It was a big deal!!  They had a ton of fun.  They spied in the backyard, played hockey downstairs, and jumped on the tramp.  We finished the evening off with a chocolate fondue.  I was reading Eli and Connor their bedtime story and Connor asked me to stop reading in the middle of it cuz he was too tired!! 
 The next morning we headed out to our "big" culvert and play billy goat gruff.  I am the troll on top of the culvert and I have to try and catch the billy goats (kids) as they go thru.  They tuckered me out. 
 I love Eli's grin!


 Of course we had to have a picnic.  It is my kids favorite thing to do when we go on walks and how I get them to the destination. 


 Connor is very into birds.  He wanted me to take a picture of this bird so we could mark it in his book.  But it flew away before I could snap a good one.  We had to inspect the nest inside the bird house.  I had one happy boy?
The buffalo beans and blue bells are starting to show up around the ditches, so the boys eagerly picked a bunch for me and Eli's mom. 
 
Connor had a fabulous time and I know that this will be the many. 

No comments: