Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Saturday, August 15, 2015

My Little Helpers!

After spending the day at the science center; the kids and I stopped at a local hutterite colony and picked up 60 lbs of cucumbers to pickle.  Hutterite colonies fascinate me.  I hope that when the kids get bigger I can possibly take them on a tour.  I had 2 girl friends coming over to get some pickles done.  As I was getting the prep work done I had 3 children bring their stools in to help.  So I put them to work.
 
 
 
This girl LOVES purple.  While we were driving in the parking lot we passed a purple car.  She gets all excited and says "purple car".  Her vocabulary for a 22 month old surprises me.  I love getting her to copy different words.  The boys found a few "funky" cucumbers in the mix.  It was funny hearing Lexi copy that word!!
 
 

 Lexi was fascinated by the old jar lids and played numerous games with them.
 Kale and Connor rinsed all my jars and then started cutting the heads of dill off.

In the end we made 56 jars of pickles.  It was a great evening of work and visits.  

 

No comments: