Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Beware of a picture overload but I couldn't not put any of these on.  I did put some of these on my facebook page but since I use this blog as a sort of diary for our family I wanted to include them here.  So here we go...
 
 Saturday morning we headed out to the pig barns to show Lexi the baby pigs.
 She wasn't to sure of the noises in the barn but Kale embraced it fully - wanting to hold every baby pig there was. 

 As a girl I always liked standing in the pens with the pigs because of their curiosity.  They always come and nibble on the toes of your boots.  The boys giggled the whole time they were in there.
 By the time we got to room 6, Lexi was comfortable enough to touch a pig.


 A few years ago my brothers put up a couple huge grain bins.  The boys convinced me to let them climb to the top.  It was a wee bit scary.

 On the way back in to the house they found a pile of spilled canola.  I had to pull them away when Lexi started eating it!!  When I see this picture I think of that poor family that lost their 3 girls in a truck full of canola.  I truly love raising my children on the farm, but it is a reminder that there are a ton of risks involved. 
 Sunday morning we headed down to Greg and Laura's in Lethbridge.  This spring Greg installed a skateboard ramp in their back yard.  He conveniently had 5 skateboards which entertained the kid completely.  To start with they just slid down on their bums, then they progressed to riding the board on the tummies.  Then my boys got brave and learned to ride.

 Within about 30 minutes from this Connor was riding the board from one end to the other with a push from Uncle Greg at one side.
 This 4 year old blew me away once again with his balance.  Several times I thought for sure he was gonna crash, but each time he caught himself.

 We finally pulled them away to go down to the river valley.





 Lane decided to climb the train bridge. When he got up there a train actually came across. 
 The wind was horrendous.  As you can see Lexi almost got blown to her bum.
 Family all together.
 Greg and Laura are truly beautiful people.  Whenever we are together I wish we lived closer.  I am very blessed to call them family. 
 

On the way back to the vehicle Laura decided to conquer a fear and walked across the base of one of the bridge pillars.
 
It was a fabulous weekend. 

No comments: