I have been feeling a little discouraged lately in several aspects of my life. But the one that is bothering me the most is the political situations in our country and world wide. I keep wishing I could have a glimpse of the future to see how all this will unveil. How can there be so much hatred surrounding us? How can I teach and direct my children through this? How? Why? When? Will? So many questions. Today in my study time I came upon Romans 8:31-39. This is from the message
So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with on of God's chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us - who was raised to life for us! - is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! No trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:
They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely NOTHING can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.
Romans 8:31-39 msg
As I read these words this morning tears came to my eyes and my prayers went up. I pray for our leaders of our province - that they will hear the concerns of the farmers. I pray for the prime minister and that God will use him in powerful ways. I pray for the refugees. I pray that my children will accept this gift of Gods love for them, that they will treasure it and believe it fully. I am thankful for this reminder that God is in control and that His love is all I need. There is crappy stuff going on around us; it doesn't matter how bad it is - Gods love conquers all. I pray everyone will accept His love. What tremendous hope this promise is to hold onto.
1 comment:
So well said Karen!! God is still in control even when it seems like everything is out of control!
Post a Comment